Monday, May 21, 2007

The Gown!

So, Saturday I got fitted for my wedding gown. My dress is a big white, poufy princess gown! It weighs about 7 lbs and has a long cathedral train!! I really wanted a dress with straps, but after I got to the tailors, I took the staps down "just to see" and I fell in love with it as a strapless! So, my tailor is removing the beaded straps for me. He's also taking the dress in an inch--apparently, you're not supposed to breathe in your wedding gown!! I go in for another fitting in a few weeks!

My flower girl (my 4 year-old niece, Lily) will be wearing a mini-version of my gown. She refers to it as her wedding dress and insisted on getting a pair of glass slippers to complete her look! She's going to be a riot at the ceremony!

I haven't found my shoes yet.....but I have decided that they must be high! Chris is 6 feet tall and I'm only 5'3!!

I also thought it would be cute idea to paint the bottom of my shoes blue. That will be my "Something Blue!"

No comments: